Thursday, November 8, 2007

Coloring Book from Photos

I thought this was a neat idea. My Kodak Easyshare Software has a "coloring book" effect. It will turn a photo into something you can color. Here is an example.


I thought it would be fun to make a coloring book out of family photos for Maggie for Christmas. Its becoming harder then I thought. Only a few photos look good with the coloring book effect turned on. If there is a busy background, forget it! Close-ups are good, but not too close. One of Sean I tried to make looks like he has no nose. Not enough color variation for the algorithm to detect I guess. The picture above looks like I have some black teeth and Glen looks like he has a double chin. Oh well. I need to focus on getting some good pictures for this project. I also need to figure out a way to put them together in a book. I guess I could just print them out and put them in a folder or something, but I was hoping for something more professional looking. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Bryan said...

www.kidware.net. They have a program that does this and it lets you adjust the detail, and add captions. Sort of gives you more control of how the picture turns out.