Sunday, August 2, 2009

Max is 3 months old!


Max is 3 months old and soooooooo big! He is 18 pounds, and none of the small diapers fit anymore. He is wearing size 9-12 month old clothing, with not a lot of leeway. Its amazing. Noone believes he is so young. He is such a happy baby. Always smiling and cooing at people. Even Sean has started to warm up to him a bit. He likes to "share" his little trucks with Max by piling them all around him. Max is starting to swat at things. Today, his little hand caught in Seans hair and normally, Sean would have reacted with a slap. But today he sweetly said, "Uh Oh Maxwell". I breathed a sigh of relief. Sean has been very gentile with Max for the past 2 days. The past month though its been a Jeckel and Hyde relationship. Hopefully we are moving past that stage onto gentiler sibling relationships!

This is out last week before school starts. I left Max with Grandma Nancy for 2 hours the other day and he took a bottle of breastmilk from her. He was happily cooing at Tesla when I returned. I'm telling you, this baby is happy! That was our first separation. We have plans to do 2 more Grandma visits this week to get used to the bottle and separating. I start work on August 10th and will be leaving Max at our usual daycare. I will pick him up at 12:30, and then pick Maggie and Sean up at 3:00 pm from their school, at least to begin with. Maggie will have some later pick ups one certain days for afterschool activities. Glen will probably pick her up on those days on his way home from work.

And how will he be getting home from work? We bought a "new" car. Its a 2006 Ford Focus. A little commuter car for Glen. I will try to remember to get some pictures of it for you. Its a sort of pale green color.

Its hard to believe Fall is almost here. Even though its summer, starting school always switches my brain to Fall. Maggie and I are going school supply shopping tomorrow. I'm looking around at my crazy mess of a desk thinking, how was it possible that I spent three months NOT at work and didn't find a single moment to organize? Then I remember that I was busy trying to raise 3 new humans. Its a lot of work, and neither Glen nor I got any projects done. Maybe next summer? Or maybe in another 10 years. We've decided to not try and think about our lack of progress on that front. :) As for the Fall, Maggie is still in Girl Scouts, and an after school dance class and art class. She also wants to try soccer, which I'm trying to figure out how to enroll in. Lots of soccer organizations in the valley, but I can't seem to find one in our area and the last thing I want to do is drive around schlepping 3 kids to and from practice after work. So hopefully I can find something in the area, otherwise Maggie may enroll in ice skating again. We need more physical activities for her...she has so much energy!

No comments: