Monday, July 6, 2009

Another museum visit

First Sunday of the month is free at the Arizona Natural History Museum, so that's where we went last weekend. We call it the "Dinosaur Museum". Maggie has gone several times with Grandma Nancy, but Sean has only been one other time and was too little to remember it. So it was all new to him, and he LOVED it. He was very interested in the dinosaurs.


Maxwell thought the museum was a great place to take a nap.


Inspecting the triceratops head up close.


Maggie found an exhibit that mentioned the infinite vastness of the universe. It had some lights and mirrors to simulate infinity.


We stayed home for fourth of July. It was actually a long, hard day parenting wise. Glen put Sean to bed early that night as he had refused to nap earlier and was completely wiped by 7pm. So it was just Maggie, Max, and I at the fireworks. We walked down the street to the park to view them from the distance. Maggie was ready to go after 10 minutes, so we came home and went to bed. I could still hear the fireworks show going on after she was asleep. I had bought some glo sticks for the kids to play with in the dark since sparklers are illeagle. But with everyone either too tired or too grumpy to enjoy them, I tucked them away for another night.
Meanwhile, I'm having fun crocheting this summer. Here is Max trying out a little baby blanket I whipped up for him to have at daycare when I go back to work in August. Its definately the softest thing I've ever crocheted. He was happy with it...well, until I flipped him over for some tummy time.


Here is some Japanese "Amigurumi". Bascially little crocheted stuffed animals using only the most basic stitch in crochet. I whipped this up with some leftover yarn from a blanket I had made mom 8 years ago. Its a little alien. Maggie has since absconded with it.

No comments: